Monday, December 19, 2005

12 Bars - 20 drinks

12 bars of christmas...... I feel like I just got back from a week long bender in Vegas. Every year about 40 or so of my closest friends and acquaintances all get together for one event: 12 Bars.

It's always the place that you can guarantee that you will see at least 80% of your friends. The first 2 bars are spent saying hello to everyone and catching up as much as you can, then the other 10 are for flat out boozin and other shenanigans. Some bars come and go each year, but most of them are really accomodating and friendly to us as we donate tons of dough to their cash register.

The catching up part is always the most fun for me. I am constantly amazed at what my group of degenerates come up with every year. For instance, you will find out which friends had babies, which one is now gay, and which of us are still married.

What is surprising isn't that these things happen every year, it's WHO they happen to. It's kinda like finding out your Minister who you've known for 20 years now dresses as a woman, is banging chickens, and is sought by the authorities for a five state shooting spree.


More details could be posted about this lovely event, but for the sake of the 5th Amendment and other city statutes we'll just leave it there. The lovely Mrs. Diablo and I cabbed it home with a couple of close friends and obeyed most state laws so I guess we're in the clear so far.

The most important part is that no one went to jail this year......wait, did they???

DB


No comments: